bc

wrote in news:jk0ob1dp50dt2r660ahjmjra61hfbs0g2n@
4ax.com:

snip
My question is how in the heck did the water get in there? Yes, the
mower sits outside at times, and has been rained on. However, I
ALWAYS replace the gas cap immediately when I add gas. The gas tank
is plastic and has a plastic cap that threads about 3/4" over the fill
hole, and closes tightly. There is no vent hole or any hole in the
cap, or in the tank. No one else uses the mower. So, how in the heck
did the water get in there, and the whole bowl was full of water. I
tend to wonder how much more was in the gas tank, so I drained it and
refilled, and added some "HEET".

snip

It's vented, or the gas wouldn't flow out of the tank. Some
moisture will form from temperature changes, etc., but keeping
it full usually cures that problem. Perhaps the gas can you
are filling it from collects some moisture, and it gets in
that way?