Richard J Kinch

Liz writes:

He's looking at the Polaris 360 but can't
find any reviews on this model. Do any of you good people have
experience with this type of pool vacuum that you'd care to share?

I'd recommend the Polaris 180, 280 or 380. These are booster types.
Suction-side cleaners are slow, inefficient, and spoil the circulation. A
booster pump gets the job done in an hour per day. It also scoots around
fast, flushing and freshening the stagnant chemistry at the bottom of the
pool, so things stay sterile, not just picked up there. In the long run
the true costs are less that way, because it costs less in power, and
chemical needs are lower.

After the hurricanes here in SE Florida last year, my pool was so littered
with debris I couldn't see the bottom. I pulled out the big branches, and
the Polaris 180 had the rest cleaned up in a day or so after the power came
back on. It was so good at picking up trash that we had to empty the
collection bag every 20 minutes.