SQLit

wrote in message
ups.com...
My 30-year-old Honeywell electronic air cleaner stopped working. The
repair man highly suggested that I remove the cells and replace them
with pleated air filters (4"). I did this, but am wondering if it was
a good move or not. The repairman insisted that the pleated media
filter would do a much better job than the electronic unit did,
especially good for keeping dust out of the central A/C.

Should I feel good about the change? Will the new filter catch the
ultra-fine particulate matter that an electronic cleaner claims to?

Thanks!

Try WW Grainger for pleated filter information. They put a good amount of
information about the filters they sell. I use their extended service for
the lower static pressure. Best check with your manufactures of the filter
and the a/c see what levels of static your system can handle. My a/c pretty
much craps out when 0.70 of static pressure is reached. Some filter
companies tell you to change the filter at 1.0.

Depending on the media pleated filters are far superior to electronics. Have
you ever seen a clean room with a electronic filter? They use Hepa pleated
filters.