SQLit

"Liz" wrote in message
After 32 years of manually vacuuming our inground pool, DH has had it and
wants to buy an automatic poor vacuum but isn't sure which make/model

would
be best for our pool. This is a Sylvan 23,000 gallon concrete pool, born

in
1961 and coated with fiberglass two years ago. If possible he'd like to

get
a vacuum without a booster pump. He's looking at the Polaris 360 but

can't
find any reviews on this model. Do any of you good people have experience
with this type of pool vacuum that you'd care to share?

Thanks!

Liz

I have had 4 pools, the best cleaner by far was in the floor, oops that
option is out.

Last pool I threw away the cleaner that worked on its own pump. Honestly do
not know what it was. I installed a Hayward cleaner, works on the suction
line. It came with a plate for the skimmer and was a pain in the ass. At
least in my opinion the plate on the skimmer not the cleaner. Then I had to
replaster so I cut a hole in the side of the pool and I created a connection
just for the cleaner. I installed a mixing valve so that I could mix this
return and the ones from the pool for a clean pool.
Worked like a champ. Even with the dust storms pool was clean with in 12
hours. Of course that includes a back wash.

I am pretty sure that you local pool store can steer you to 3-5 different
models that all will do the job. I found that a leaf canister was needed
until the tree died and that solved the leaf issue.