Norminn

Default Piano Hinges - Better, Best and WOW That Costs a Lot

jim evans wrote:
I need about 10 inches of piano hinge. It needs to operate freely --
hinge with little friction/binding/resistance.

I've been shopping these hinges and I find something I don't
understand. I find identical appearing hinges by the same
manufacturer in the same packaging and with what seem to be the same
words on the package, which come in three prices. Cheapest, 2 x and
4x. What is the difference in these hinges that all look alike but
range in cost by a factor of 4?

jim

Solid brass vs plated? Old inventory vs newer?