DJ

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 10:15:46 -0700, "SteveB"
wrote:

snip

And I am not saying that it is low on the list of things the officers SHOULD
be concerned with. I am stating that in overworked departments, it IS low on
the list of things officers must deal with. They just have too many other
calls for service that are far more critical than vandalism. Robbery,
assault, person with a gun, burglary, rape, child abuse and neglect. In our
town, there aren't even enough officers to adequately enforced traffic laws,
and the place is turning into a demolition derby with citizens being picked
at bus stops, sitting at stop signs, driving along, or just walking along
the street. And this by people who need to be cited and who need their
asses kicked for being such poor drivers. Three school children were killed
recently while waiting for a bus. Before that, an infant in its mother's
arms killed at a bus stop. And on and on and on. They SHOULD be taking
more time on this, they just don't have the time because of all the other
calls. Now and again, they do a saturation exercise at a major
intersection, but it is mostly PR.

Call to Police Dispatch:

Caller: Help, four men broke into my house, beat me to a pulp, raped
my wife and daughter, shot the dog, put the cat in the microwave, set
the garage on fire and stole both our vehicles. Send somebody
quickly!!!

Dispatch: I'm sorry sir, the SWAT team and all available officers,
along with the JTFODS (joint task force on dog sh*t) are responding to
an urgent call of dog sh*t flipping. The only person we have left at
the Police station is a 75 yr old crossing guard, I'll send him over
immediately. BTW, he'll be in a wheelchair, is your home handicap
accessable?

snip

Steve

Barney Fife