Eric Tonks

What happened to the US "land of the free" attitude. It seems that US
citizens now have governments that think more like dictatorships when they
have the power. A man's home is no longer his castle, when it is convenient
to take it for someone else's profit margin. It seems that large
corporations and governments are running rough shod over the private
landowner.

Here in Ontario, Canada, a homeowner is considered a tenant on the Queen's
property. But it seems that we have more property ownership rights than the
US citizen. While it used to be different, towns now will do anything to
avoid expropriating property. It is reserved for the "last option" in most
cases. I have never heard of a town in my area that would take property only
to turn it over to a commercial business.

"G Henslee" wrote in message
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm..._scotus29.html