Eric Tonks

Philips shavers have always been known in the US as Norelco, in Canada and
the rest of the world they were called Philipshave. I read many years ago
that Philips could not use the Philips name because there already was a
Philips electronic company operating in the US, they sold under the name of
Philco.

That company has long gone, so Philips now uses it own name except for
shavers, because the brand Norelco was so well known. By the way, in Canada
Norelco was a telephone manufacturing company Northern Electric Company, a
division of Bell Telephone similar to the Western Electric Company that Bell
used to own in the US. Northern Electric Company has separated from Bell and
morphed a number of times and is now know as NorTel, whose stocks have been
plummeting lately.

"RicodJour" wrote in message
ups.com...
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote in message

Ask for the 1/4" hex shankd Torx bits for screw guns. Home Depot
should have them. Then just use a ratchet or replaceable tip
screwdriver. If HD doesn't have them (they should), try a Microcenter
computer store or automotive store.

Unless, of course, they are metric and you need an M2 or M3

Right. Norelco was bought out by Philips, I believe. Not sure where
the razors are manufactured.

Norelco has a live online help line:
http://norelco.webhelp.com/norelco/