Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message

I say: I'll do custom decks with unusaul touches like a tree growing
through a hole in it, or hidden stroage underneath. Target customer is
the quarter millionaire.

That, IMO, is where the money is.

I say" How much is plenty. I already make "plenty" at my engineering
job. I'd sacrifice some for the love of buiding decks but I still need
to make my mortgage payment and help 3 kids in college.

I don't know lthe market in your area. You can top $75k I'd say, but it can
take a few eyars to get tot hat point. Starting a business can be a long
process, now matter how good you8 are. Plan on not making anything for a
year.

I say: Price s not my only selling point but it is a factor in any and
all sales. My point is that I will not prostitute my principles (e.g.
against hiring illegals) to do this.

Good to stick with your principles. As for selling, if you have the right
market and people with money, they will pay to get just what they want.
Putting 10 x 12 decks on the back of track houses in not going to get you
the big bucks unless you can refine the process with speed, not quality.