HeatMan

wrote in message
oups.com...
HeatMan,

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like it makes sense to do a larger
project than I had originally hoped.

Thanks for the input on the filter, I also use a humidifier in the
winter that I am not sure necessarily works all that well with this
type of system. I think it is an Aprilaire that is basically a piece
of foam that spins inside the horizontal duct. Any recomendations in
this area?

Aprilair makes good humidifiers, but I'd stay away from the spinning foam
units. You can get all kinds of algae and bacterial growth in them unless
the unit has a purge timer on it to blow the crud out of the system. I
install the bypass humidifiers. The model 560 come to mind, but I think
that's the old number.