cowboy

someone who will flush the system with solvent

Get the **** outta here!

see, this is what I am talking about when I rant in this group about the
incompetence of the typical HVAC tech (who has never had the first college
course in basic thermodynamics or organic chemistry)

when a compressor burns up, hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid is formed, as
well as other corrosives, as well as the HCl and HF formed when water is
left in the system due to insufficient vacuuming.

H2O + CHF2Cl ---- HCl + HF + CO2 + chlorine and fluorine salts
water + R22 freon ----- hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid

the only way to completely protect the new compressor from these acids is to
complete flush the system with an inert solvent such as Kwik-Solv, using a
pressurized flush gun

probably only 1 in 50 HVAC techs do this, because they have a financial
interest in you buying a new unit every 10 years or so.

a quality HVAC system can run 25 years just fine, if you don't let the
condenser get physical damage from kids etc.

most HVAC techs will never tell you this!