Art

You might consider installing the planks diagnally. That might save more of
them. But carefully read the installation instructions and make sure it is
right this time around. The warped ones may be ok to use.

"SomeGuy" wrote in message
To make a long story short, we got screwed by a contractor installing a
deck in my back yard.
We used a wood composite called fiberon for the decking itself. The two
biggest problems that we can see right now with the deck is 1) The spacing
on the supports is 18" center to center instead of 12 ( like the
directions say) and 2) the board ends are all splitting, because the guy
overtightened the fasteners and didn' tpre-drill.
So, my questions are - Can I reuse the boards that do not appear too
warped? What I was thinking was to pull them up, and cut the cracked ends
of, and reuse them. That would save me some money, because quite a few of
the baord still appear to be good.
I'm planning on putting additional supports in the framework to meet the
12"...