Robert Allison

Marcy wrote:

I am purchasing a home with a hot tub that I do not want. A friend is
taking the tub, but the 8' x 8' concrete slab will remain.

Is there an easy way to break it up? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Corinne

An easy way would be to run over it a couple of times with a
D-9, but that would probably be expensive. In lieu of that,
you may use a sledge hammer to break it up, but that would not
be easy. A jackhammer isn't really easy, either. A bobcat
could probably deal with it fairly easily, by lifting at the
edges and getting it to crack and then break. The skid steer
would then allow you to haul it off to a vehicle fairly easily
too.

This is concrete. Not much easy about it.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.