Pagan

"Beachcomber" wrote in message
.. .

I need to dispose of a treadmill that is mostly composed of hollow
steel pipes and channels, mostly welded together. The recyclers
don't want a treadmill in it's assembled state plus it's very
difficult to move at the moment.

To cut it up, I'm thinking of renting a reciprocating saw, similar to
the ones used by plumbers to cut steel pipes.

Alternatively, I could use a welding torch, but I have no experience
with welding, plus I would have to rent or buy the equipment.

Anyone have any recommendations for a good power saw or perhaps some
other method for doing this?

You could try to donate it.

If not, I suggest a circular saw with a cut-off wheel.

I've used both when disposing of a large amount of heavy galvanized pipe and
rebar, and the circular saw is much quicker and cheaper.

I went through quite a few blades with the reciprocating saw, but only one
cut-off wheel, and the wheel was 1/3 the price.

Make sure you haul the thing outside, whatever you do.

Pagan