Jack Sandweiss

Stretch wrote:
Jack,

The Whoosh is the reversing valve of the heat pump changing from
cooling position to heating position & is normal. The squeak is most
likely the outdoor (condensor) fan motor. It could be a cabinet
squeak, but not likely. I have never heard a hermetic (Tin Can)
compressor make that kind of noise (Squeak). Try oiling the outdoor
motor if it has ports. Use 20 or 30 grade non-detergent motor oil. If
you use detergent motor oil, eventually the oil evaporates, leaving the
detergent to lubricate the motor, which it won't. But of course that
will take several years.

The blower motor refers to the motor that moves air through the ducts.

Hope this helps

Stretch

Yes, Stretch, this helps a lot. The outdoor motor does not have ports,
so I will probably have it replaced. You have helped greatly with
definitions.

Jack