Edwin Pawlowski

"Eric Johnson" wrote in message
I am planning to put down wood laminate in my office/den, and am
wondering what type of saw is best for the cutting needed. One friend
used a jigsaw, which sounds like it would take considerable time and
eat up a lot of saw blades. I also have a handheld circular saw. One
thought I had was to buy a sliding mitre saw, but that could be pretty
expensive,

You can buy a 10" miter saw for less than $100, plus the cost of a good
carbide blade. It MUST be CARBIDE as the steel blades will dull in just a
few cuts. Tablesaw can work, but for a lot of pieced cut to length, the
miter saw is best. For the few pieces you may have to rip, the tablesaw is
the best. When you are done the blade will need sharpening. If you buy a
good blade, it can be sharpened 4 or 5 times.