Ray T wrote:
Why don't you take an amperage reading of the compressor while it is
running and compare to the rating plate. If reed valves are shot you
should be getting a pretty low number, as the compressor is not working
very hard. High suction and Low Discharge are a good sign of a bad
compressor.

Yeah but.

He's never got back and told us that when he took those readings
the sucker was actually running.

Look at the post again? I see it as... it wasn't running and the
temperature was 95F (if it's pure R-22 .

Also make sure filter is clean, and inspect evap in plenum to make
sure it is clear of dog hair, dust or anything blocking air flow.

For sure, always the first things to do, the obvious and easy little
things.

"when you don't know what's wrong, first, before you figure it's
something big or complicated, -make all the little things right-
then see where you are" -Jack Duncan RR signal maintainer

What I'd like to see is his pressure readings with the thing running
this time? Also the temperature of the suction line at the
compressor and the temperature of the line exiting the condenser.

Alvin in AZ