SQLit

"Eric Johnson" wrote in message
I am planning to put down wood laminate in my office/den, and am
wondering what type of saw is best for the cutting needed. One friend
used a jigsaw, which sounds like it would take considerable time and
eat up a lot of saw blades. I also have a handheld circular saw. One
thought I had was to buy a sliding mitre saw, but that could be pretty
expensive, though I do plan to install laminate in other rooms
eventually. And I suppose a sliding mitre saw wouldn't work for the
last row of planks where you have to trim the actual width.

All feedback is welcome, thanks!

Eric

I put a fine toothed blade in my table saw.

Harbor Freight used to have a table that you can mount a circular saw
underneath. Not as good a Dewalt or other table saw but do-able. If your
careful you can find a power miter saw for $100 bucks. Just check it for
square.