Jack Sandweiss

TURTLE wrote:
"Jack Sandweiss" wrote in message

I'm very naive on this issue. I just bought a home with a Corsair AC which
intermittently squeaks loudly (never when the AC person is here). It always
cools. It tends to squeak more often when just starting or stopping, but
sometimes continually. Sometimes, when it squeaks while stopping, there is a
"whoosh" sound at the end.

Is there any way I can tell if it's the blower fan or the compressor? What
will eventually happen in either case?

Jack

This is Turtle.

Corsaire was the original old name for Rheem up till the early 1960. Then it was
change to Rheem Manufatoring co. . then in the late 1990's Rheem went back to
making the Corsaire brand as a 4 th brand to sell. Rheem , Ruud, WeatherKing,
and Corseaire .

If it is the old model Corseaire from the 50's you really need to replace it but
if not oil the motor for it has oil holes on the fan motor.

If it is the newer model made in the 1990's and 2000's it don't have oil holes
and you need to just change the motor out. Now the check to see because the New
Corseaire condensers have a 5 year warranty on all parts like the Rheem
equipment.

Also I'm not sure they make the Corseaire in the years 05 or 04 but will check
to see. I can be off on my years for time gets away from me.

So before closing out here. I would Oil the motor and check the bearing for
slack.

TURTLE

Thank you all for the replys. This house was built in 2001, and it has a
"self-lubricating" fan motor.

If I can be certain, that it's NOT the compressor, I could have the fan
motor replaced for around $300, and would do that. We are not the
original owners, so any guarantee would probably not apply. Is there
any way to rule out a compressor problem?

Jack