Gordon Reeder

"Lhead" wrote in news:1119372876.765924.55780
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Saturday night, I went to heat up some food in my Whirlpool microwave.
I punched in the time and hit start. The interior light came on but
nothing else happened. I removed the cover and noticed the document
entitled "Tech sheet - Retain for service technician only" packed in a
little envelope under on top of the oven.
Looking at the schematic, I noticed the symptoms pointed to a failed
primary interlock switch. I located the switch right behind the door
latch. It's one of three safety switches on this unit. Sure enough, the
switch clicked just like a good one but no continuity. A trip to my
local electronics store and $4 later, I had the switch in and the oven
was once again producing hot food!
Of note: This is a SPDT miniature microswitch with a button actuator
and a 15 amp at 250 Volt rating.
Just posted this so that it might help someone else.

My brother got a copy machine that way. I'm talking about a
office floor standing copy machine. Wouldn't work, tottaly
dead. it took a bit of troubleshooting, but noticed that
one of the doors was broken. Sure unough, the broken part of
the door once held a finger to engage a lockout switch. He
fashioned a finger out of a scrap of plastic and the thing
ran fine.

--
Just my $0.02 worth. Hope it helps
Gordon Reeder

Hey EVERYBODY!
Unity means let's try to meet each other halfway