I've had a few wet basements, come to think of it, all of them were
wet. A pint of water in a 77 year-old basement is enviable. Not to
blather but there's many potential causes and remediations, so many
that my main piece of advice is to discuss the matter with multiple (3
?) waterproofers.

The causes range all over the place, for example, your ground sloping
toward the house instead of away, your neighbor put in a sump pump and
is routing all there water towards you, your gutters are clogged, etc.
If you clear up all the obvious things like that it does come down to
sump pump(s) and drain systems. My brother had this done some time
back though and now his basement wall (concrete block) is starting to
buckle in, so there's still quite a bit of hydraulic pressure.

The other option is to accept that your basement is in the 99th
percentile of dryness for old houses and just accept it, which is what
I did.