Ross Mac

"Matt" wrote in message
ups.com...
PS

It's a good idea to inspect the enclosure every year. When I was a kid
we had an inground pool with a 120V lamp, and if I recall watching my
dad take it apart - it's just rubber gaskets keeping everything dry.
Also, think the encosure had a pigtail connection to the 120v, which is
also subject to failure.

Seems like an excellent place for a GFI to me.

Thinking back, the light we had was turned off and on via a circuit
breaker in a small panel next to the filter. I dunno how it is that
someone didn't get killed at some point.... kids jumping out of a pool
to go flip a circuit breaker when the sun went down. Bare feet, wet
grass, and a hand in a 220v panel.

But, the pool was put in in the 50's, and kids back then could sustain
a 240v 100a charge, I suppose.

We didn't need no stinkin GFI to save us.

You hit the nail on the head Matt...GFCI...!!