John Willis

On 21 Jun 2005 14:59:02 -0700, scribbled this
interesting note:

Suzie-Q wrote:
But besides just not wanting to
look out my window and see his car (an old but nicely maintained
VW bug), two things are happening.

The car, by the way, is a classic, a more sensible person would be
tickled to see it.

Yes it is a classic. What year is the car? Is it modified or restored
or original condition and unrestored?

I ask because these things make a difference. Personally, I don't like
parking on the street since I've seen so many cars hit by unobservant
drivers. A poorly maintained Beetle with mismatched fenders and bald
tires and dripping oil isn't really worth all that much, unless it is
of specific year models. If it were such a wreck (which you say it
isn't) I'd say he just didn't care. But this is, by your description,
unusual. Perhaps you could go over and ask if everything is ok? Show
some concern? Tell him you noticed his nice Beetle was parked on the
street for far longer than you've ever seen it there before and you
thought perhaps something had happened. Tell him you are concerned
because someone might hit it and you know he wouldn't want that.

If he takes care of the car well, this is odd behavior. Ask.

Good luck.

--
John Willis
(Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)