On 21-Jun-2005, wrote:

But really, Susie, you need to move to a nice controlled community,
like a condo development or a homeowner's association area, where the
rulemakers think like you. In fact I suspect you will find yourself
welcomed into the ranks of the governing committees. Like many people,
you will never be happy in a free society. After you bully your
neighbour into ceasing this perfectly legal behaviour you will find
something else to complain about.

Oh please. I suspect very few of us wouldn't get a bit peeved if a neighbor
decided to continually park in front of our house. What's the matter with
the street in front of their house? You feel that because granny across the
street has trouble backing out of her driveway because there is now a car
cutting off her turning radius by 6 feet that she should be denied the
privilege of driving? As opposed to the neighbor parking their car a few
feet further down the road? Sheesh, community is just that, community. And
finding the appropriate balance of compromises that minimizes the
inconvenience the entire community suffers. In this case it's almost
certainly the neighbor parking a few feet down the road.

ml