Greetings,

Goedjn says:
If you're not burrying the cable 1.5" deep into the wall, you want
metal between it (the cable) and the wall surface, so not using
metal conduit means having to trench deeper than you otherwise would.

I believe he means a 1/16" metal plate is required by 300.4(E) if the
cable is not at least 1 1/4 inches below the surface of a trench? If
this is what he means then I have already stated why I thought 300.4(E)
didn't apply and he is invited to reply further (perferably in that
sub-thread) if he thinks it does and can state why. If he is not
referring to 300.4(E) then what rule does he mean?

Thanks,
William