Dale

I knew it was a pump ;-) but I thought there was a crank-like siphon that
could be attached at the end of the hose to get a really good vacuum going.
As it is, I'm draining about a gallon a week. Maybe I just need to go and
rent a sump pump.

Dale wrote:
I've got a small pond (800 gallons) that needs to be cleaned out. I won't
get into it, but I want to use a garden hose to drain the pond. Isn't there
some sort of gizmo that can be attached to a hose to create a pretty healthy
vacuum? Where can I get one? Thanks.

Dale

It's called a "pump". ;-) Probably a dirty-water pump, although you
could use a clear-water pump if you have a good strainer on the suction
tube.

I would just use a siphon if possible and let it run for a long time.

Best regards,
Bob