Walter R.

Just submerge the garden hose until it is full with water, or fill it from a
hose bib. Leave one end of the hose in your pond, close the other end with
your palm or a plastic shut-off and lower it to the drainage area so that
the hose-end is below the water level in the pool. It will drain the pool.
(no sucking necessary)

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
"Dale" wrote in message
I've got a small pond (800 gallons) that needs to be cleaned out. I won't
get into it, but I want to use a garden hose to drain the pond. Isn't
there
some sort of gizmo that can be attached to a hose to create a pretty
healthy
vacuum? Where can I get one? Thanks.

Dale