Duane Bozarth

kodiakman wrote:

I've just purchased a house with cedar siding. The siding is about 10-15
years old and is well "weather-grayed" except for areas under the eaves
which are mostly protected from the elements. Personally, I like the look
of them, but my wife would like the siding to have it's youthful brown
color.

Is there any way to restore/refresh the siding? Can it be stained or sealed
to give it color that way? Or will staining/sealing counteract the natural
insect and water resistance of the cedar?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I'd recommend the oxalic acid deck cleaner approach over the bleach if
you're really after getting the near-original color back...much more
effective.