RicodJour

Greetings,

Based on what I can determine there is no minimum depth for my
application specified within the NEC. I am getting to work-- with the
materials and methods specified. I will check back a couple of times
just to make certain no one had any deal-breaking news.

Thank you all again,
William

This has been an interesting thread. I'm not sure why you don't want
to talk to your building inspector. Usually that's because someone is
either afraid of them or afraid that what they are doing won't pass
muster.

If you come up with a "perfect" solution that isn't specifically
spelled out in the code, and the inspector shoots the idea down, even
though you know without any doubt in your mind that it's okay, what are
you going to do? No one here can second guess your building inspector.
He might be a push over or he might make your project a nightmare
because you're not listening (there is some evidence that that
happens).

Good luck with it.