Jim

Default Floating Hardwood Floor Elevation Issues?

I am considering installing a floating hardwood floor in my living center
and dining room. The adjoining kitchen which is vinyl, will be at a slightly
lower level because most of the decent hardwood floor systems are at least
3/8" thick.

The living center and dining room will be at least 3/8" higher than the
kitchen.

Are there any issues with this difference in elevation? I realize there are
transition pieces but the idea is somewhat disconcerting to me.

Are there any wood flooring systems that stand out above the rest?