Stormin Mormon

I thought it was mostly gals who got upset over "tone of voice". Most guys
tend to be rather literal about things.

I'd suggest if you don't like his approach, to tell him that in person.
Politely. See if perhaps he can change his approach.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"MattMika" wrote in message

I have a similar situation except I'm on the other side. I have a
giant Elm tree that has a few large branches hanging into the
neighbors yard, crowding his power service line.

Last year he came and asked me to trim the tree and my Lilacs that
were pushing through the fence. I gladly went and trimmed the lilacs
back and disposed of the cuttings, but then his tone started to get to
me and I decided not to trim the tree. He wasnt necessarily rude, but
I could tell he was frustrated and all worked up. Once I thought about
it a bit I thought '**** him, trim it yourself." Why should I have to
care for his property, especially when his yard is littered with dog
**** and stinks.

Just the other day someone comes slamming on my door guess who. He had
the same tone, I could tell he was all worked up but still trying to
be polite. He asked if it was OK to trim the tree back and put the
cuttings in my yard. I said fine, but informed him that public service
had left me a notice and was scheduled to trim the Elm back from the
power lines in the next week or two. I also mentioned that it might be
illegal to do so, not to mention dangerous.

Once again his undertone was ****ing me off and the pounding on my
door while not using the doorbell really drove it home.

Whats everyone opinion on this situation? Should I just swallow my
pride and go over and cut the limbs up to the 8ft(the only code I
could fine online regarding trees in passageways) or should I let him
worry about it?

Thanks,

Matt