Technical I.T. Ltd

Default Replace bearings in Hotpoint WM64 washing machine

After 8 years of service (ok not completely trouble free but thats another
story ...), the bearings on out Hotpoint WM64 have finally gone.

Their is rusty water on rear housing of drum, the drum "clanks" when lifted
vertically. I have got the front off and can see the inner drum, now just
need to undo the rear external nut holding the inner drum in place. Its
30mm, ok, I've got a socket which fits (thank you Draper, money well spent),
but obviously the drum rotates. I've tried holding the inner drum with my
other hand (spring twangs but no joy) any tips on getting this bad boy loose
?!?!

Many Thanks

Toby