Hopkins

but then his tone started to get to
me and I decided not to trim the tree. He wasnt necessarily rude, but
I could tell he was frustrated and all worked up. Once I thought about
it a bit I thought '**** him, trim it yourself." Why should I have to
care for his property...

Actually it's your property - it's your tree.

but informed him that public service
had left me a notice and was scheduled to trim the Elm back from the
power lines in the next week or two.

If they trim trees like they do around here, I suggest you have it done
yourself. They did trees around here -- when they were done it looked a
cartoon cannonball went through, a big circle all the way down the
line. They don't give a damn about the tree, just the powerlines.