Greetings,

A) Of course no one can know what my local inspector will be thinking.
I am therefore asking about breaking other-than-local electrical, fire,
and building codes.
B) Yes. In fact someone here did say that I didn't understand it and
that I needed to hire a pro:
"If you're having to ask about it here, you don't know enough about
what it's doing and what effect your modifications will have on the
various roles that wall is expected to play ... If the first idea
that's in your head is wedged so firmly that you can't get it out, then
hire a professional to do the evaluation an subsequent work. "
C) If you need additional information, even a photo of a wall (for
whatever help it may be) just ask. I have attempted to supply all
relevant info without supplying fluff but if I left something out just
ask.
D) If it helps pretend local code doesn't exist where I am because I am
the chief of an indian reservation and I set local code. However, I
want my building insured by a national insurance company and I want to
ensure that they are happy with the work because it doesn't violate
well known national codes. If this pretend situation causes additional
problems for you then just ignore it.

Hope this helps,
William