Norminn

clipped

Once again his undertone was ****ing me off and the pounding on my
door while not using the doorbell really drove it home.

Whats everyone opinion on this situation? Should I just swallow my
pride and go over and cut the limbs up to the 8ft(the only code I
could fine online regarding trees in passageways) or should I let him
worry about it?

Thanks,

It sounds like there is some "history" here, more than trees and shrubs?
THE neighbor from hell, and president of condo board, and relative,
in my experience is THE most unpleasant person I have EVER known. I am
retired, worked all of my adult life in very responsible profession. I
have met, and dealt with, all kinds. When I sense a dislike for
someone, I look for something to like about them, and rarely fail to
find something. When given a choice, I avoid people who are unpleasant.
The people I have known who have been truly unpleasant tend to have
had very difficult and rather sad lives. Not into kissing up to
bullies, but it is in both of your best interest to look for common
ground and something to agree about. I would not go onto someone else's
property to do landscaping unless they were close friends. If the guy
is angry because your plants grow, tough luck. I would avoid doing his
chores, but perhaps he would like help with a project sometime? Grill
some burgers and invite him over. Worth a try.

Elms can be pretty dirty trees, and seed lots of volunteers. Is that
the issue? Dropping a lot of dead wood in his yard? Perhaps a pro
trimming/thinning of the tree would help matters?