Ric

Default Frost Free Freezer Behaviour

"andrewpreece" wrote in message
Slightly OT perhaps, but my newish ( 6 months ) BEKO frost-free
fridge/freezer is displaying weird behaviour. Twice in the last 10 days

the
freezer compartment, which should be at -18C or so has heated up to
about -2C ( top basket ).

In fact, the very top tray, for ice cubes has risen in

temperature
to the point where the ice cubes melted. I think the temperature at the
bottom of the freezer was more like -5C. Nothing would motivate the

freezer
refrigerate properly, but after a day it went back to normal.

I'm thinking of calling the service engineer out, but does

anyone
know if this behaviour is in someway related to normal operation for
frost-free freezers? I find it hard to believe, since ice-cream went all
soft and developed ice-crystals when it refroze, also things like burgers

go
floppy.
I can't believe this is right, anyone with any knowledge otherwise out
there?

cheers,

Andy.

That is dangerous - you could die of food poisoning - think you should stop
using it and call someone out.