Duane Bozarth

Vic Dura wrote:

Thanks for the clarification, but I didn't interpret you comments as a
condemnation.

Good, but later thought "better safe than..." might be appropriate....

... after a wind or T-storm (I'm in Lauderdale County
northwest Alabama, just down the road from you) passes through. I have
probably 50 or 60 trees in the area I mow. I really should be using a
small tractor + bush hog, but that's just not economically feasible.

Well, that's a pretty sizable "just".... I'm in far SW KS, right on
OK line, 50 mi from CO. We had three consecutive days last week of
serious t-storms, tornadoes, up to 3" hail common w/ some even larger,
80+ mph straight winds in the gust front ahead of the storms...just
another typical KS spring/early summer...

I would love to own a small JD diesel with front bucket and bush hog.

I do like the little 955 utility a lot although I'd like one just
slightly stouter--it's rated 27 hp which would be fine except the
hydrostatic transmission knocks off about 7 hp from the net result as
compared to a mechanical...the dealer in town has a new 5205 on the lot,
but, of course it's big bucks...but I look every time I'm in for
parts/supplies...