Edwin Pawlowski

" wrote in message
Of course local code could say
ANYTHING but I am not asking if this violates local codes that no one
here could know about. I am asking if it violates national codes or if
(for some reason I cannot think of) there is in fact a safety concern.

Why are you so sure everyone on the Internet is dumb and cannot provide
helpful advice? Why can't I tackle a project that I don't already know
how to complete before I start? Plenty of people complete projects
safely that they knew very little about before they started.

Rather that take advice from the people you are criticizing, ask your
building inspector. He will know the codes, he will know if it is allowed.
He may also know an easy way to do it.