Sacramento Dave

"Harry" wrote in message
Recently I bought a home with a swimming pool. I assumed that the lights
in the pool would be 12 volt to protect again shocking the swimmers. To
my surprise - I opened an electrical box near the pool lights and it was
operating on 110 volts.

The light is in the water - literally surround by water - it is not just
outside the pool shining through a glass. Will someone tell me why we
aren't getting shocked while swimming?

Harry

There is probably one screw holding the light fixture in. It's is in the
trim ring, once you remove this the can or sealed fixture will come out
,there is about six feet of cord out the back of the unite ( this cord is
continues all the way to the junction box.) you can lay it on the side of
the pool and open it up. Mine has a 500 watt heat lamp bulb. I had water in
mine so the GFI would trip ( that's you safety against getting a shock) The
can was leaking on mine was able to reseal it . Mine cost about $155 with a
50 foot cord, you buy them with the length cord you need. Getting the can
back in the pool took awhile I could not stay down . If you do ever have fix
or replace the light shut the circuit breaker off.