Goedjn

Thank you for your post but I still don't have enough information to
make a decision.

Don't mess with partition walls because it's a job you don't know how
to handle or don't mess with them because it's not allowed? I am not

Both. You almost certainly aren't allowed to mess with it,
and that wall is not just a fire-barrier, it's part of the
structure of the building that's designed to reduce noise,
and resist vertical, earthquake, and wind loads. If you're
having to ask about it here, you don't know enough about
what it's doing and what effect your modifications will have
on the various roles that wall is expected to play.

And for certain, nobody out on the internet is in a position
to make a better guess.

looking for "another way" I am looking to attempt to perform the job in
the manner specified safely and to code (building, electrical, and
otherwise) if possible.

If the first idea that's in your head is wedged so firmly that
you can't get it out, then hire a professional to do the evaluation
an subsequent work. Otherwise, let go of that idea, and come up
with a new one, because hacking into the partition-wall with a
masonry saw on your own hook is in no way a good idea.

--Goedjn