Vic Dura

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:36:01 -0500, in alt.home.repair John
Deere Riding lawn mower Duane Bozarth wrote:

Duane Bozarth wrote:

Vic Dura wrote:

I must admit however that I'm pretty rough on mowers. I have about two
acres to mow, the ground is rough and there are always a lot of small
branches in the grass from all the trees that we have. ...

I'll agree sounds like you're abusing the mower...

I'll amend this to hopefully make it not sound as condemnatory as it may
have sounded--that wasn't my intention.

Simply wanted to emphasize that I think the type of usage you're giving
it is beyond the expected "duty-cycle" of the particular
mower--particularly the rough part is really hard on them...think what
would have been the fate of the typical BORG-offering in the same
circumstance.

My guess is that a Murry would last about one season.

Thanks for the clarification, but I didn't interpret you comments as a
condemnation. I do realize that my mowing situation is pretty tough. I
do pick up any branches that I see larger than about 1/2 inch, but
it's impossible to get them all and all the pine cones that find their
way into the grass after a wind or T-storm (I'm in Lauderdale County
northwest Alabama, just down the road from you) passes through. I have
probably 50 or 60 trees in the area I mow. I really should be using a
small tractor + bush hog, but that's just not economically feasible.

I would love to own a small JD diesel with front bucket and bush hog.