Luke

On 19 Jun 2005 13:36:54 -0700, "TomKan" wrote:

My daughter's kitchen window over looks the shingled roof of her patio.
She set a container of chicken fat on the window sill to cool it to a
solid state to be discarded. It spilled and ran down the roof, staining
the shingles. Is there anyway to remove the stain??

Call the manufacturer if you know who it is. Might also be worth a try
asking some roofing contractors in the area. As others said, don't
scrub hard and don't use petroleum based products like mineral
spirits. Repeated applications of lots of hot water and dish soap or
laundry detergent might do it. Oxygen bleach and deck cleaner are used
to remove algae on asphalt shingles, might work on grease. If you can
find an inconspicuous spot to test it (I don't know if it will mar
shingles), try oven cleaner, spray on and rinse off with water.

--
Luke
"I repeat, personal accounts do not permanently fix the solution."
-- George W. Bush, March 16, 2005