The Masked Marvel

My understanding was that they are to be connected to a branch circuit
breaker that also feeds lighting or other circuits where if the breaker
tripped you'd notice nearly immediately, e.g. kitchen lights, dining room
lights, etc.

Note too many breakers are not rated for multiple wires under the ;oad
terminal, if this is the case than it implies a junction box will be
required somewhere downstream (perhaps adjacent to the breaker panel,
perhaps the nearest alarm, etc.) where the alarm feed branches out.

I have seen 120V hardwired detectors w/o as well as w/ battery backup,
though clearly the latter is to be preferred, and local code requirements
might you to the latter anyway.

"SQLit" wrote in message

"No" wrote in message
Do they ever get connected between the main and the bus bar? In other

words
no breaker? I'm not suggesting anyone do that. I think mine might be

hooked
up that way. new house. If it is that way it was done that way for a

reason
and not on accident. I learned this when I was trying to silence a

nuciance
alarm (Having some new pipes soldered and kept tripping). I switched off
every breaker, one at a time, and the alarm never went off! Switched the
main and it DID go off. Strange!

The only piece of equipment I am aware of that comes off before the mains,
is a fire pump.

Please send pictures of any wiring you have in the panel that is ahead of
the main breaker.

Me thinks you just missed it and then the detector cleared itself. New
homes have a battery backup in every detector as well as the 120v power.