SoCalMike

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
The guy who answered the phone said it would cost "only $40" (which is
more than I paid for the Wenger scuba dive watch at CostCo).

I asked what he based that fee upon and he said it would take 20
minutes and he gets $120 an hour to fix watches so his estimate was $40
dollars to adjust the steel band.

After that, I didn't call anyone else as it was clear it would cost
more than the watch to have the band adjusted.

Had you bought the watch from him, it would have been free. What is his
price for the watch? Probably five bucks more but with the service you
require.

uh- probably at least double the price, IF the jeweler carries wenger,
which he may not.