SQLit

"No" wrote in message ...
Do they ever get connected between the main and the bus bar? In other

words
no breaker? I'm not suggesting anyone do that. I think mine might be

hooked
up that way. new house. If it is that way it was done that way for a

reason
and not on accident. I learned this when I was trying to silence a

nuciance
alarm (Having some new pipes soldered and kept tripping). I switched off
every breaker, one at a time, and the alarm never went off! Switched the
main and it DID go off. Strange!

The only piece of equipment I am aware of that comes off before the mains,
is a fire pump.

Please send pictures of any wiring you have in the panel that is ahead of
the main breaker.

Me thinks you just missed it and then the detector cleared itself. New
homes have a battery backup in every detector as well as the 120v power.