Colbyt

"Zippertail" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi all,

My wife and I are planning to redo our small basement bathroom. The
existing floor is horrible pink ceramic tiles over concrete, and we are
thinking of putting down Linoleum self sticking tiles. I am toying with
the idea of gluing down a sheet of 1/4 inch hardboard over the ceramic
tiles and sticking down the lino on that......any thoughts??????

Zippertail

I'll try to answer your question.

If the floor is really smooth just lay your peel and sticks on the existing
tile job. If not you can use a cement based floor leveler to fill in the
grout lines and get a really smooth surface. The smoother, cleaner and dust
free your installation surface the longer your tiles will last.

I am not a fan of the peel and stick guys. You will be better off installing
over clean dry ceramic tile than installing it over crap-board. These guys
tend to come unstuck in wet areas like a bathroom. Make sure you buy enough
to have a few spare tile.

Colbyt