No

Do they ever get connected between the main and the bus bar? In other words
no breaker? I'm not suggesting anyone do that. I think mine might be hooked
up that way. new house. If it is that way it was done that way for a reason
and not on accident. I learned this when I was trying to silence a nuciance
alarm (Having some new pipes soldered and kept tripping). I switched off
every breaker, one at a time, and the alarm never went off! Switched the
main and it DID go off. Strange!

" wrote in message
oups.com...
Greetings,

Is there any rule which states not to run 120V wired smoke alarms from
a subpanel? I could see someone saying that the breaker to the
subpanel might flip leaving the smoke alarms with no AC power. Is this
a real concern addressed within the NEC or fire codes? Or can I just
run it off the subpanel and forget it because code doesn't address the
issue?

Thank you for your time and energy,
William