Tex

Default "Fake" exterior wall and moisture?

My 2nd story over hangs the first story of my house by around 11
inches. I would love to make a fake wall on the first floor that would
even up the front of the house. I would then add benches under the
windows. This wall would not be structural just for looks really
(other than holding the windows). I am concerned about moisture
between the new wall and the existing wall, should I leave the bottom
open? Add vents? I am afraid if I close it up then if any moisture
gets in there will not be any where for it to go.

Thanks
Jeremy