Ralph Mowery

wrote in message
All,

Thanks for the info i'm about to recieve.. This group always gives the
best advice....

I'm getting ready to become a new home owner (1st time). This
house is on a 1acre lot with a view in the country... The lawn is
semi hills (Rolling). More in the front than rear.. However a Grade of
8-10%.. So a powerfull mower is a given. The driveway is 150' long
gravel..

I read over the consumer reports for the riding mowers and the
john deere L111 was the top choice..

I was thinking more on the L118 with a bagger...

The maintance plan seems reasonable...

cost/budget.. $3000 US..

1800.. mower
250.. Bagger
500.. Maintaince
400-500.. Buffer

Has anyone owned a deere that wants to share some info?

I bought the L120 last year. The mower would only go about 100 feet and
quit. Stopped in teh Deere store where I got it and they came out and
picked it up, replaced a defective seat with a new one (switch ws bad) and
returned the mower. Been running very good after that.
Get the mower from a Deere store and not Home Depot for reasons like that.
The salesman would not cut me a deal as he said the mowers that HD sale have
to be sold for the same price. If I went to another type mower then he may
be able to deal. They may have an accessory special.
Get the hydorstatic transmission.
YOu probably do not need the bagger. Those things fill up very quick with
leaves. The mower should come with the mulching cover for the deck. Bagger
is a pain to put on also. Probably not any worse than other brands, but
still a pain.

I guess that all the decks will come off about the same, Just pull about 6
pins and the deck will come right off. Have a couple of short 2x4 pieces
of lumber to help hold the deck up will make it much easier.