Greg Mossman

"Vanessa" wrote in message
oups.com...

I don't mind buying the tool as you never know when you'll need them
and it's good to have the right tool on hand.

You sound like such a tool that I'm surprised you can't do the job by
yourself.

Do you know what it's called & where's a decent place to buy quantity
one?

It's called the watch-band disassembler thingamajig and they're available on
e-bay.

(I'd never buy off of ebay though - it's 25% stolen goods according
to my friend's husband who is in the high tech crime unit of the police
dept).

High tech crime unit? You mean he investigates car stereo thefts?

Trust me, there's not a huge market for stolen watch-band disassembler
thingamajigs even on ebay. The latest statistics, from my friend's wife's
cousin's mother's imaginary friend, is that less than 5% of the watch-band
disassembler thingamajigs sold on ebay are hot. The rest are legitimate,
sold by other good folk just like you who had to buy a $50 tool to fix their
on-sale-now $40 watches.

So if you know of a non-ebay source for this tool, of quantity one, for
about twenty bucks - lots of us would probably like to know where to
get a deal like that.

Vanessa Cara Stancinni

There's lots more like you? God help us . . .